Sunday 27 July 2008

Results

Was slightly worried that my gauge read empty at 120 miles, however, the tank carried on to the 240 mile point without cutting out, so all was fine.

I have the following results with regards to mileage:

1st Tank £22.75 - 240 Miles - Price per mile - 9.5p

2nd Tank* £22.00 - 225 Miles - Price per mile - 9.8p

3rd Tank £25.60 - 273 Miles - Price per mile - 9.4p

4th Tank £26.18 - Not finished yet.

This is compared with a price of 17p per mile on petrol.

The reading for the second tankful was a bit funny because the station I filled up at (suthers star garage at longton), seemed to have a broken pump and after about 35 litres started going really slowly and it took about 7 minutes for the next 5 litres so I gave up at 40 litres. When I asked the girl behind the check out if everything was ok with the gas pump she said "Yeah I think so, noone else has complained; I'll make sure I tell some one about it".

I decided not to bother risking not being able to fill my tank up, so wont go back there!

No comments: